19 Feb 2019
Expressions of Interest for the 2019 Science / S.T. E. M Camp (11-13th September) Term 3
We are planning 3-day Science / S. T. E. M camp that will inspire and build on student’s knowledge through integrated learning activities. While S.T.E.M principles are a focus, students will also gain a greater understanding .and make informed decisions about subjects, courses and potential careers, all while having a great time. The camp is designed to spark the light of inspiration in our science students through exposure to some of Australia's leading science educational programs.
Highlights of our Science /S.T.E.M Camp may include:
- Questacon- National Science and Technology Centre, and the Technology Learning Centre
· Australian War Memorial ‘ Science and War’ education program
· Canberra Space Dome and Observatory
· Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex
· Geoscience Education Centre
· AIS (featuring sports technology program)
· ONA Coffee house and roastery – the science of coffee
Students interested please register your interest at the Science staffroom so we can finalise numbers and final costings. Approximate costing for the 3 days approx. $300 this may vary due to activities undertaken and numbers.